Explore how the Item Properties and the OnItemLoad event work together to build up each repeater item based on the data from the repeater's dataset.
- [Instructor] Repeaters are my favorite tool in Axure…because they're so flexible.…They can be used to prototype just about anything.…They work really well for building interactive data tables…and product listings and things like that.…Those are some of the common cases…where you'll want to use repeaters.…But you can also use repeaters to build reusable components,…like drop-downs and side-bars,…and things like that.…As well as incredibly realistic components…like predictive search…and drag-and-drop interfaces that really work.…The key to being able to use repeaters to prototype anything…you want is to really understand how the repeaters'…item properties work.…
Specifically, how they work inside the on-item-load event.…So that's what we'll be digging into now…because it's the foundation of everything else…we'll want to do with repeaters.…The basic idea of a repeater is that there's a set…of widgets that acts like a template,…and that set of widgets…gets paired up with a data set.…When the repeater loads up, Axure creates copies of all…
- Using variables in Axure
- String methods in Axure
- Truncating text strings
- Formatting dates and times
- Setting up a looping animation
- Setting up a responsive background image
- Positioning widgets in the browser
- Repeater and item properties
Skill Level Advanced
1. Widget Properties
3. Dates and Times
4. Window Properties
5. Repeater and Item Properties
6. Global Variables
Global variables2m 14s
Using plugins on Axure Share2m 49s
8. When Things Go Wrong
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.