Grids and guides are useful for creating consistent, clean layouts. Using them in Axure can ensure items are placed consistently across pages.
- [Instructor] Before, we get too far…into designing our prototype,…let's talk about grids and guides.…Here in Axure, in order to get a grid or guide set up,…we need to right-click within our page,…go to Grids and Guides…and let's, for starters, show our grid…and there you go, you can kind of see your grid,…you can move elements around,…and try and line it up with your grid.…If you have Snap to Grid on,…so right-click, Snap to Grid, you can move things around,…and it'll just automatically snap to the grid.…
If you want to go ahead and zoom in and zoom out…on your grids and guides,…you can do the Command-plus or Command-minus…and you'll note that each one of those like little boxes…that get created through the grid here…is about ten pixels inside,…so that just gives you a general idea…of how big or how small things are,…how far apart they might be, so on and so forth,…so if we want to change the elements here,…we go back to right-click, Grids and Guides,…and go to Grid Settings.…
Now, see, if we want to change this, say, to 20,…
- Using widgets
- Setting up interactions
- Building an adaptive page
- Styling pages and widgets
- Creating forms
- Adding text fields, dropdowns, and check boxes
- Hiding and showing menus
- Creating carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Learn Sketch: Mobile Design Workflowswith Diane Cronenwett1h 30m Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
Foundations of UX: Usability Testingwith Chris Nodder1h 29m Beginner
1. Axure Quick Start
2. Adaptive vs. Responsive Design
3. Style Your Pages
5. Adding Interactivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.