Discover that global variables can be used to track values from page to page in your prototype. Learn that OnLoadVariable is just a default variable and can be overwritten.
- [Instructor] When you need to keep track of a value…across different pages in your prototype,…you can use a global variable to do that.…Normally, everything in your Axure prototype resets…when you go from page to page,…but global variables don't reset.…They keep their values as you move through your prototype.…The only thing that resets them is when we actually do…a full refresh on the browser window.…So if you need a way to tell what someone did…on one page of your prototype,…in order to make something change on another page,…you can set the value of a global variable…and then retrieve it and set up any interaction you need to…based on that value.…
Maybe you wanna keep track of a shopping cart total…and display it across the different pages of your prototype.…Or maybe you wanna simulate a login page…and then show something different…based on what type of account it is.…Global variables can help you do all of that.…Axure lets you define as many global variables…as you need for your project.…It does give you one default variable to start out with,…
- Using variables in Axure
- String methods in Axure
- Truncating text strings
- Formatting dates and times
- Setting up a looping animation
- Setting up a responsive background image
- Positioning widgets in the browser
- Repeater and item properties
Skill Level Advanced
1. Widget Properties
3. Dates and Times
4. Window Properties
5. Repeater and Item Properties
6. Global Variables
Global variables2m 14s
Using plugins on Axure Share2m 49s
8. When Things Go Wrong
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.