Learn how to use the date formatting methods to format dates in a variety of ways. Discover how to format both the [[Now]] and [[GenDate]] variables. Reformat the [[GenDate]] on the intro page in a couple of different ways.
- [Instructor] When we're using dynamic dates…in a prototype,…there will be times when we'll want to do some formatting…on those dates.…Here in the Hansel & Petal checkout prototype,…I've got an intro page set up.…And when it loads up, it's using the GenDate variable…to show when this prototype was last generated.…By using the GenDate variable as is…gives us a pretty long text string…that's not really that easy to read.…This is true when we're using the Now variable as well.…Both of these variables give back these long text strings.…So if we're using one of them…and we want it to be in a slightly different format,…we'll need to use some date formatting methods on it.…
I'm going to go back to the prototype now…and click to get into this Last Updated label.…This is where we're setting the text…to be equal to the GenDate variable.…Right now, when I click on the Function button,…you can see that I've got the GenDate variable in there…all by itself.…If I wanna format it,…I'll need to click right after that GenDate variable…
- Using variables in Axure
- String methods in Axure
- Truncating text strings
- Formatting dates and times
- Setting up a looping animation
- Setting up a responsive background image
- Positioning widgets in the browser
- Repeater and item properties
Skill Level Advanced
1. Widget Properties
3. Dates and Times
4. Window Properties
5. Repeater and Item Properties
6. Global Variables
Global variables2m 14s
Using plugins on Axure Share2m 49s
8. When Things Go Wrong
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.