Learn that in addition to the [[Now]] and [[GenDate]] variables, it's possible to re-format any date entered into an input field, as long as the date is formatted in a way that Axure recognizes.
- [Instructor] Axure has two variables…that give us specific dates, now and gen date.…I've got a brand new prototype open here, so that we can…go take a look at what's in our date section.…I'll just drag a button onto the canvas and then add…an on-click event, so that I can open…up the list of variables.…Whenever we need to use one of these dates,…either the current date and time or the date our prototype…was last generated, we can use one of these variables,…and then we'll be able to use them with any…of our formatting methods that are here in the Date section.…
But there will be times when we'll want to use a different…date in our prototype, maybe it's something coming…from an input field, or a date that we're storing…in a global variable.…When we're working with a custom date in our prototype,…we can still use all of our date methods on it,…as long as it's in a variable, and whatever is inside…that variable is in a format…that Axure can recognize as a date.…I'll click to cancel out of this.…So that I can open up my date input exercise file.…
- Using variables in Axure
- String methods in Axure
- Truncating text strings
- Formatting dates and times
- Setting up a looping animation
- Setting up a responsive background image
- Positioning widgets in the browser
- Repeater and item properties
Skill Level Advanced
1. Widget Properties
3. Dates and Times
4. Window Properties
5. Repeater and Item Properties
6. Global Variables
Global variables2m 14s
Using plugins on Axure Share2m 49s
8. When Things Go Wrong
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.