Learn how to set up a moving menu hover effect using [[This.x]] and [[Target.y]]. Discover that [[This]] is a relative keyword, so when actions are copied from one widget to another, [[This]] refers to the new widget.
- [Instructor] We can use the widget variables,…this and target, to set up different kinds of moving…interactions in our prototypes.…In this example, we'll use this and target,…along with the x and y properties,…to set up a menu hover effect.…I've got a colored bar here underneath one of my menu items,…and what we'll do now is make it so that it…moves underneath each menu item as we hover over it.…Since we want this affect to happen…whenever we're hovering over one of our menu items,…I'll click on our first menu item here,…and we'll use the on-mouse enter event.…I'll select a move action and then select…our hover rectangle.…
That's the rectangle we want to move under that menu item…whenever we hover over it.…I'll select move too here, because we need to move it…to a specific set of coordinates.…For the x coordinate, remember that this action…that we're setting up here is attached to our menu item.…You can see we've got our menu item selected here,…and this is one of the actions that's attached to it.…So if we use this dot x here,…
- Using variables in Axure
- String methods in Axure
- Truncating text strings
- Formatting dates and times
- Setting up a looping animation
- Setting up a responsive background image
- Positioning widgets in the browser
- Repeater and item properties
Skill Level Advanced
1. Widget Properties
3. Dates and Times
4. Window Properties
5. Repeater and Item Properties
6. Global Variables
Global variables2m 14s
Using plugins on Axure Share2m 49s
8. When Things Go Wrong
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.