Narrative Scene Editing with Avid Media Composer
Taking a scripted project from concept to creation is one of the most exciting and rewarding processes that any editor can do—from a green novice to an experienced Hollywood ace. This course guides you through the creative decisions in editing various types of narrative scenes—from classic dialogue, to rhythmic montage, to creative flashback. You'll explore what it takes to create a great rough cut, from shot choice and composition, to performance and pacing, while editing in Avid Media Composer. Author Ashley Kennedy guides you through the scene construction process with plenty of creative and logistical lessons that are applicable to situations editors face in the real world.
- Evaluating the goals of the project
- Working with digital scripts
- Understanding coverage, shot composition, and camera movement
- Editing dialogue
- Adding cutaways and reaction shots
- Building a montage scene
- Editing a flashback
- Laying in off-camera audio
- Adding effects
- Color-grading a scene
- Receiving feedback and refining the rough cut
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Ashley Kennedy and welcome to Narrative Scene Editing with Avid Media Composer. In this project based course, we'll be exploring the creative art of scene construction in editing three separate scenes within a narrative film. Before diving into editing, we'll become acquainted with the set up and organization of our project and then we'll learn the basics behind some important traditional editing conventions. Then we'll explore the full end-to-end workflow for constructing a traditional dramatic dialog scene starting with a digital script and going through the rough cut and refining phases.
Next, we'll take a look at how to cut a creative montage to show the passage of time, combination of ideas, and the projection of emotion. We'll then combine both traditional and creative editing techniques to edit a flashback scene, being sure to give it a nice stylistic flair. Finally, we'll explore the concepts behind larger issues of scene flow and story arc, as well as how to conduct a feedback sessions, make revisions, and bring together the final elements in the process of finishing the film.
Now let's get started with Narrative Scene Editing with Avid Media Composer.
Documentary Editing with Avid Media Composer77,235 Views
Avid Media Composer 5 Essential Training227,979 Views
Avid Media Composer 5 Getting Started107,622 Views
Getting Started with Apple Color84,134 Views
Soundtrack Pro 3 Essential Training280,710 Views
Avid Media Composer 8 Essential Training467,475 Views
DaVinci Resolve 11 Essential Training642,778 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,626,905 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)1,820,903 Views
Avid Media Composer 7 Essential Training339,738 Views