Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Measuring, part of Learning BIM 360 Glue.
- It would be tough if we couldn't take distances…or add measurements.…The problem is in a 3D environment…we don't have any way to just see where our dimensions are.…The ability to take measurements is paramount.…This video will have us creating a point to point…angle area, and my favorite, shortest distance.…Then we're going to save them as mark ups.…So let's sign in to BIM 360 Glue,…Password, and we're signing in.…I'm going to go to Lynda.com…and I'm going to open up my Combined model.…
Now I'm going to zoom into one of these rooms here.…Kind of focus on this window.…I'm going to take some measurements.…So let's click on the Measure module…and we have four different measurements we can take.…First one I want to do is Area…so I'm going to click on Area.…And what we can to do is…when we hover over an area…360 Glue will snap it to an intersection.…
So once you see that snap,…go ahead and pick it.…Let's go to this intersection, pick it.…Let's go to here, pick it.…Let's find our intersection here.…Sometimes you have to zoom in to see it.…
- Breaking down the BIM 360 modules
- Creating projects
- Inviting members to a project
- Gluing models
- Merging and aligning models
- Creating views
- Adding links and markups
- Finding and resolving clashes
- Using the BIM 360 Glue mobile app
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. What Is Glue?
2. Project Administration
3. Gluing Models
4. Managing Models
5. Model Navigation
6. Clashing Models
7. Mobile 360 Glue
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.