Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an Autodesk account, part of BIM Manager: Autodesk Applications Setup & Deployment.
- [Instructor] Let's start with the simple stuff, creating an account. The thing is, you'll need an account if you're a big company, a small company, a one-person company, or even an employee at a company. In order to access a lot of what we're going to be covering in this course, you'll need a personal account. From there you can link that account to a corporate account by using your email address as the linking factor. In this video I'd like to go into the Autodesk website, and start a user account from scratch. I'm going to jump into Internet Explorer. Now, in Internet Explorer, or you can go to any browser you want, I'm going to type in autodesk.com.
Hit enter and we'll jump to it. You don't need to go to any special Autodesk site, it's just autodesk.com, their main splash screen. Now, over to the right we have a few choices. Of course, you can download free trials that are good for 30 days, go to All Products, you can buy whatever you want, of course, or you can sign in here. So, I'm going to click on sign in. I'm going to jump to my Autodesk Accounts. Now, if you don't have an account, New to Autodesk? You can create an account, so let's click Create Account. I'm going to come up with a fictitious account. I'll call myself Billy.
I'll tab over. I'll give myself a last name of Author. For my email I'll say email@example.com. I'll do it again. Bauthor1234@gmail.com. And I'll give it some kind of password. Of course, you have to agree to the Autodesk Privacy Statement, and we can create an account. You can turn this on or not if you want your spam filter to be busy, and click Done.
Once you're in you get a list of products and services, if you own them or not, but a lot of these are going to be free for you just by the virtue of creating your own account. So, there you go. That's how you set up an account. It's really simple but keep in mind, you have to do this even if you're working at a big company.
- Creating an Autodesk account
- Finding an Autodesk Value Added Reseller (VAR)
- Navigating the Autodesk site
- Creating network deployments
- Modifying a deployment
- Configuring your applications
- Setting up a Revit and Navisworks deployment
- Adding service packs to a deployment
- Installing AutoCAD Civil 3D Object Enablers