In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through what is a workspace and how to customize the user’s workspace. The instructor discusses how to access the current workspace and workspace settings, how to change the workspace, and how to create a new workspace. In addition, Josh demonstrates the creation of a new workspace.
- [Narrator] As we mentioned that the…Customize User Interface, or CUI,…contains so many moving parts.…You're talking about controlling or customizing the ribbon,…the tabs of the ribbon or the panels.…Now the buttons and functions found within the panels,…the toolbars, the menus,…the list seems endless.…So you can imagine all these moving parts,…we have to bring them, or they have to come together…to create an overall interface…that the user sees.…
Now that combination is what's referred to as a workspace.…So AutoCAD, out of the box comes shipped…with three workspaces;…drafting and annotation, 3D basics, and 3D modeling.…We can go to the Workspace Settings…down at the taskbar and select from the Workspace Settings…And notice you can set what your workspace is from here.…You can choose whether or not those workspaces even show up.…And you can control whether adjustments that you make…to where the toolbars are located,…what buttons are located on the toolbars,…or any other changes to automatically save…to this workspace.…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.