Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with worksets, part of BIM Manager: Managing Revit.
- [Instructor] When we turn on File Sharing,…what we are doing is actually placing items on worksets.…This can be quite useful,…or it can be quite confusing.…For a long time, I refused to create any worksets…other than the defaults.…Then I got onto a massive project…and I changed my tune.…In this video, I'd like to link a model,…then place it on a workset.…So let's jump in through Revit,…under Projects, let's go to Open,…I'm going to go back to that architectural model…that I had my worksharing turned on.…I'm going to click Create New Local,…and I'm going to click Open.…I'm going to Overwrite my existing file.…
Now what I'm going to do is,…notice that we have worksets down here as well.…So I'm going to click on this button right here, Worksets.…Now I'm going to make a new Workset.…For the name, I'm going to call it, Plumbing Model.…I'm going to click OK.…I own it,…click OK.…Do you want to make this Plumbing Model workset…the active workset?…I don't want to just 'cause I want to show you…how to put something on a workset, so click No.…
- Setting up the Revit folder structure
- Creating a revision schedule
- Adding a symbol list
- Creating shared parameters
- Configuring your text
- Creating line types, weights, and patterns
- Configuring the underlay settings
- Creating custom grids
- Viewing templates
- Importing CAD details
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
1. Company-Wide Workflow
2. Global Template Content
3. File Sharing
4. Master Details
Importing CAD details3m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.