Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the structural drawing (FP), part of AutoCAD Facilities Management: Areas.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] What were going to do now…is we're going to look at working with…our structural drawing before we reference it…into our facilities management drawing.…Now, the first thing we would normally do…is use the good old purge command.…Now, I'm just gonna type it.…It's a lot quicker.…P-U-R-G-E, like so.…Hit enter, and the purge dialog box kicks in.…Now, it's quite a long dialog box,…so I'm just gonna bring it down here…so that you can see the top part of it.…You want to be set here to view items you can purge.…And anything you can purge,…will have a plus sign next to it.…
So if I click on this plus sign here,…there's all these different things here…that I can actually purge out of the drawing.…Now these are all blocks,…so basically I can get rid of all of these blocks…if I want to.…I don't actually need them,…'cause all I'm worried about, with my structural drawing,…is walls, doors, and windows.…That's pretty much it.…The reason being is I need the walls,…and the openings in the walls,…and also the internal walls,…
- Setting up a facilities drawing
- Managing XREF layers
- Adjusting drawing units and limits
- Using polylines
- Defining areas
- Annotating areas
- Setting up area table styles
- Finding and linking area data
- Exporting area table data
Skill Level Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to FM
2. Setting Up a Facilities Drawing
Managing XREF layers3m 55s
3. Getting Your FM Settings Right
4. Areas and Polylines
5. Defining Areas
6. Annotating Areas
7. Setting Up an Area Table Style
8. Using the Area Table
9. Exporting the Area Table Data
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.