Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with strings, part of AutoCAD Add-ins Using VB.NET.
- [Instructor] We've already begin to look at strings…and see how we can combine strings together…but there's so much to do with string objects.…And even in this exercise we're just going to be…scratching the suface.…But let's see a little bit more of what we can do…with string objects in this excercise.…And in the process, we're going to dig into…and use the get system variable…from the AutoCAD application object again.…So we're going to go open up our exercise.…It's in the desktop, exercise files chapter three,…03-02…and you should have the 03-02 solution there.…
When we open it up, we'll go to our Solution Explorer…and once it finishes loading,…you'll see the initialization class down below…and we're going to open up initialization class.…Now one of the things we've done…in this initialization class…is take an advantage of regions.…The more code you start adding to a class,…the busier and harder it is to find things.…And so we've combined the codes and notice to collapse them.…We've done this using what's called regions.…
- Creating a project using the Autodesk wizard
- Creating classes, command routines, and functions
- Manually creating projects
- Basic .NET functionality
- Working with database properties
- Working with transactions and TableRecords
- Getting a user-specified point and distance
- Creating and inheriting a base class object
- Creating a window interface
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Working with the Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment
2. Creating Your First Project
3. Basic .NET Functionality
4. AutoCAD ApplicationServices Namespace
Creating a new drawing5m 40s
5. AutoCAD DatabaseServices Namespace
6. AutoCAD EditorInput Namespace
7. Class Object Fundamentals
8. Creating a Window Interface
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.