Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video Working in scale, part of 3D Printing a Scale Model with AutoCAD.
- Let's talk about scale models and working in scale…in AutoCAD.…You probably already know that it's best practice…to draw in full scale in model space.…Then once you've completed your drawing…and you're ready to print it out on paper,…you create a layout in paper space and choose the scale…that will allow the important parts of your drawing…to fit on the paper size of your choice.…So that's 2D printing.…How is 3D printing different?…There is no layout space equivalent for 3D printing…so there is more than one way to tackle it.…
For this course we'll model in full scale…and then use the 3D print tool in AutoCAD…to change our scale when we export our file for print.…Now that we know a little bit more about scale…and 3D printing, let's plan our project.…
- Working in scale
- Extruding solids
- Working with blocks
- Creating terrain with lofting
- Adding 3D text and logos
- Converting mesh files to solids
- Breaking a model into pieces
- Exporting and optimizing for 3D printing
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD 2015 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 35m Beginner
Modeling a Staircase with AutoCADwith Kacie Hultgren54m 9s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Modeling the Building
3. Adding Details
4. Optimizing Your Model
5. Exporting and 3D Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.