Join Jim LaPier for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with layers, part of Up and Running with AutoCAD 360.
- If I select the blue fly out button…in the upper right corner and select…the Layers tab I can see all the layers…that I have to work with in the drawing.…I also have four tools across the top…that are only available in the paid plans;…New Layer, Turn All Off or All On,…which turns on or off every layer except…for the current layer, Invert which…turns layers back on that are off…and off that are currently on,…and finally Layer Isolate.…I'll select an object that's on the layer…I want to isolate and tap the button.…
Every layer except for the ones of the…objects that I selected and the current…layer are turned off.…For each layer I have a small expand window…or arrow that allows me to do things like…set the layer as current, lock or unlock the layer,…rename the layer or delete the layer.…Of course I can only delete a layer with no…objects on it and that is not the current layer.…Currently there's also no way of moving…an object from one layer to another…in AutoCAD 360 Mobile.…
But there is still a lot that we can do…
- Creating an Autodesk account
- Uploading and organizing files in AutoCAD 360
- Drawing and editing
- Working with layers
- Saving and sharing drawings
- Working with the mobile app
- Using Evernote with AutoCAD 360
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
Working with Dimensions in AutoCADwith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
1. A360 Suite
3. Web App: Dashboard
4. Web App: Drawing Interface
5. Web App: Sharing
6. Mobile App: General
7. Other Apps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.