Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with a document's properties, part of AutoCAD Add-ins Using VB.NET.
- [Instructor] So far we've already been working…with the document properties every single time…we've gotten the Active Documents Editor,…but let's see how we can get more information…as well as work with any document.…So we're going to open up an exercise here.…There's our exercise that's connected with this module,…and we're going to go to our desktop,…Exercise Chapter Four 04-03, and open up the 04-03 solution.…
Now when we do that we're going to go ahead…to our Solution Explorer, Initialization,…and we're going to create a new command here.…I'm going to do it outside the Command Region,…keeps it nice and clean, makes it a little easier…to read as we're working through this exercise.…So our command is called DocProp, and…we're going to add a routine, Public Subcommand DocProp.…Again, I'm just going to collapse the regions here,…make it a little easier to read.…
What we're looking for is to get…the current document's properties.…And so I'm going to create a variable…named acDoc, and it's going to be a document.…
- Creating a project using the Autodesk wizard
- Creating classes, command routines, and functions
- Manually creating projects
- Basic .NET functionality
- Working with database properties
- Working with transactions and TableRecords
- Getting a user-specified point and distance
- Creating and inheriting a base class object
- Creating a window interface
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Intermediate
1. Working with the Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment
2. Creating Your First Project
3. Basic .NET Functionality
4. AutoCAD ApplicationServices Namespace
Creating a new drawing5m 40s
5. AutoCAD DatabaseServices Namespace
6. AutoCAD EditorInput Namespace
7. Class Object Fundamentals
8. Creating a Window Interface
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.