Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with TableRecords, part of AutoCAD Add-ins Using VB.NET.
- [Tutor] So far, we've learned a lot…about the transactions, databases, object IDs,…we're going to bring this all together,…as we create a new layer in our drawing…and we're going to take advantage of the transaction,…the object ID for the layer table, the layer table object…and of course, a new object, called a layer table record,…let's see how all of this works together…and how we add a new object to the drawings database.…
We're going to open up our exercise project,…go up, of course to our desktop under Exercises,…chapter five and we'll go to 05_04…and open up that solution,…when we do and go into Solution Explorer…under Initialization and notice there is a layer,…a command called LICreateLayer already set up for us…and there's some text already there,…again we already know how to get the editor,…we talked a little bit about the database statement,…we've had that already there for a couple of exercises,…we've gotten a LayerTableId, object ID…and we have our transaction…and both the Using the database and Using the transaction…
- Creating a project using the Autodesk wizard
- Creating classes, command routines, and functions
- Manually creating projects
- Basic .NET functionality
- Working with database properties
- Working with transactions and TableRecords
- Getting a user-specified point and distance
- Creating and inheriting a base class object
- Creating a window interface
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Working with the Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment
2. Creating Your First Project
3. Basic .NET Functionality
4. AutoCAD ApplicationServices Namespace
Creating a new drawing5m 40s
5. AutoCAD DatabaseServices Namespace
6. AutoCAD EditorInput Namespace
7. Class Object Fundamentals
8. Creating a Window Interface
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.