Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Grid and Snap, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- In one of the previous videos…in this Drawing with Accuracy section of the course,…we looked at a setting called Polar Snap,…and that exposed us to the Snap settings…within AutoCAD itself.…Now, you do have two settings that you can…utilize that involve Snap.…We're not talking Object Snaps, like end point…and midpoint here, we're talking about…an actual Snap setting, where you snap…to a grid in the AutoCAD DWG file.…So, a quick bit of admin first before we get started.…
You'll notice I've got the Drawing with Accuracy…Grid Snap complete drawing open,…and I will save that so that you've got…a completed version ready to look at.…And also, you want to be using the…Drawing with Accuracy Grid Snap.DWG file…from your lynda.com Exercise Files.…That will be the blank drawing that you…can use to follow along with the video.…So let's have a look now at how Grid and Snap work.…What we'll do, first of all, nip up to the…Home tab on the ribbon, go to the Layers panel,…and as usual, just make sure that we've…got the Object layer as the current layer.…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.