Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with AutoCAD application properties, part of AutoCAD Add-ins Using VB.NET.
- [Instructor] As we dig farther…into the AutoCAD application programming interface, the API,…we're going to focus now in this chapter…on one portion of that.…The application services name space.…And we're going to see how we work with the application…as well as documents and create a new drawing.…First, let's see what's in…the application services name space.…Specifically, within the application properties.…So we're going to open up a project, our exercise project here…on our desktop in their exercise folder, chapter four,…04-01, and of course we click on our solution 04-01.…
And inside this solution or visual studio project,…we're going to go ahead and go to our initialization class…that we've been working on…and I'm going to expand out those extension routines.…We haven't used them yet…but what happens is the initialize will run…as soon as we load our library or DLL file.…And so, we're going to put something in there…that's going to change a property of our application.…So I'm going to type in application.…
- Creating a project using the Autodesk wizard
- Creating classes, command routines, and functions
- Manually creating projects
- Basic .NET functionality
- Working with database properties
- Working with transactions and TableRecords
- Getting a user-specified point and distance
- Creating and inheriting a base class object
- Creating a window interface
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Working with the Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment
2. Creating Your First Project
3. Basic .NET Functionality
4. AutoCAD ApplicationServices Namespace
Creating a new drawing5m 40s
5. AutoCAD DatabaseServices Namespace
6. AutoCAD EditorInput Namespace
7. Class Object Fundamentals
8. Creating a Window Interface
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.