Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] So what should you know before starting the AutoCAD Express Tools Workflow course? Well, the first thing you should know is a basic knowledge of AutoCAD. Ideally what you should have done is the AutoCAD 2017 Essentials course, here on Lynda.com. If you've done that course, you'll know all of the methodologies and terminology that may get covered in this, the AutoCAD Express Tools Workflow course. The other thing you really should know is that we're running AutoCAD 2017, the latest version of AutoCAD at this present time.
Now AutoCAD 2017 may have certain differing layout and ribbon settings to an older version, for example, so just be aware of that. Now the other thing that we will be using is the standard native AutoCAD DWG file for your exercise files that you use to follow along with the videos. I'll cover that in a bit more detail in the next video where we talk about using the exercise files. So let's get going now and obviously you should have the latest version of AutoCAD and maybe you should consider the AutoCAD 2017 Essentials course here on Lynda.com.
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.