Join William Everhart for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Illustrator: Working with AutoCAD Files.
- Before we get started, I wanted to take just a few moments to discuss the course prerequisites, namely the required knowledge and understanding of the software used in this course. So if you're looking to get up to speed on the Adobe Illustrator and AutoCAD products, let me recommend the online library here at lynda.com, and more specifically, this course, Illustrator CC Essential Training with Justin Seeley. You can also have a look at AutoCad 2015 Essential Training with Scott Onstott.
Now, this course was designed for intermediate to expert Illustrator and CAD users. Having a good working knowledge of either Illustrator or a CAD application, depending on your role, is a must.
- Working with scale drawings
- Opening DWG and DXF files with Illustrator
- Importing files from SketchUp
- Preparing Illustrator artwork for export
- Using plugins in Illustrator