Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Autodesk certification?, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional.
- [Instructor] So what is Autodesk certification? Well, you can see that I've got a web page open at the moment and it's the training and certification web page on the Autodesk.com website. You can also see the link there at the top of the screen. And as you can see, it's right there, training and certification. Now you'll notice, in this certification tab, you'll notice there on the Autodesk website, it tells you all about certification. So if I just roll down the web page a little bit, let's have a look at what we've got here.
So you can see that from academia and throughout your professional career, Autodesk provides educational resources. So these can be instructor-led in the classroom, self-paced, like you're doing now, obviously, with LinkedIn Learning, or you can do regular online training by way of webinars and things like that, as well. Certification is that benchmark, though, that basically gives you that level of expertise. So certification by Autodesk means that you are either an Autodesk-certified user, or an Autodesk-certified professional, which is exactly why you're taking this particular course, so that you can review all of your skill sets to become that certified professional in AutoCAD.
So what we've got here is a quick description of the certification. And if I just scroll down a little bit, you'll see there's a link at the bottom here that says view certification options. Now all of the certification is run by an organization called Certiport. And the nice thing is, I can click on that link there, view certification options, and it will take me to the Certiport page. We'll look at that in one second. There's also some next steps there, as well. You can locate an Autodesk certification center.
That's normally your Autodesk training center. They tend to be a certification center, as well. And you can also find an Autodesk certified professional because once you've got that benchmark, that certification, you're listed on the Autodesk website. So if you're looking for certified professionals in AutoCAD, you can go find them and perhaps employ them on a project that you're working on at the time. So let's click on that view certification options link. If I click there, that'll now take me to the Certiport web page. And as you can see, it takes a few seconds to load up.
And what you've got there now is the Autodesk certifications page. And what we can do is just click on certify here, like so. And what you've got now is the Autodesk certifications page and the entry-level to advance workflows. Learn at every level. So you've got all the different products there that you can get certification in. In this case, it will be our AutoCAD certifications, like so, it takes us there to the link, and you can see there that you've got Autodesk Certified User and Autodesk Certified Professional. Those are the two levels of AutoCAD certification that you can get.
And the whole idea of this particular course is that you can study all of the topics needed to review and refresh your skills to take your certification exams.
Note: The exam objectives are not release specific, but the course has been revised to reflect the most recent version of the software, AutoCAD 2018.
- What is AutoCAD certification?
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Modifying objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Working with polylines and splines
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Annotating drawings with text, dimensions, multileaders, and tables
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options