Leverage your experience with AutoCAD while migrating to Autodesk Inventor's specialized toolset for mechanical design, engineering, and manufacturing.
- Hi there, I'm Thom Tremblay and welcome to Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventor. Autodesk Inventor was released in the fall of 1999 but every day AutoCAD users begin using this tool for the first time. A common misconception is that since Autodesk creates both tools, that they will work the same way, or at the very least, there will be a large number of similarities in how the tools work. In this course we will focus on making the transition from AutoCAD to Inventor an easier process by understanding the similarities and the differences between the two tools.
We will create 2D drawings, the kind that you need to get your job done. We'll also do some fundamental work in 3D. Finally, we will review some of the ways that Inventor can leverage your existing AutoCAD data and give you a head start in working with Inventor. So, let's get started.
- Customizing the look and behavior of Inventor
- Creating 2D drawings
- Adding dimensions and dimension styles
- Leveraging 3D properties in 2D drawings
- Creating 3D models
- Connecting models as an assembly
- Rendering 3D models
- Exporting drawings