Transform your 2D architectural drawings into three-dimensional models optimized for 3D printing, with AutoCAD.
- Welcome to this project course, 3D Printing a Scale Model with AutoCAD. I'm Kacy Hultgren and I'm excited to share my workflow with you. This course is perfect for architects or other professionals who are working in Scale. 3D printing is a great way to extend the work you're already doing in AutoCAD. Make scale models to troubleshoot your ideas, impress clients and solve problems. In this course, we'll start with a 2D AutoCAD drawing of a house, and transform it into a finished 3D printed Scale Model.
Along the way we'll learn about the tools and commands in AutoCAD that relate to the 3D printing process. We'll do some basic solid modeling, focus on ways to customize your model, like adding 3D text and logos. We'll learn about the 3D print command, and I'll share some tips and tricks for creating models that will 3D print reliably. Let's get started.
- Working in scale
- Extruding solids
- Working with blocks
- Creating terrain with lofting
- Adding 3D text and logos
- Converting mesh files to solids
- Breaking a model into pieces
- Exporting and optimizing for 3D printing