Learn to manage layers, selections, and geometry in your AutoCAD drawings.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jeff Bartels. Welcome to AutoCAD Essentials: 03 Editing and Organizing Drawings. In this title, we'll dive deeper into AutoCAD's toolset, such that we can further refine our designs and prepare them for production. We'll also learn how to control the appearance of our geometry using layers, line types and colors. Using shortcut keys and polygonal shapes, we'll learn how to select multiple objects by going beyond traditional windows. When it comes to editing drawings, we'll expand on our skillset and incorporate specialized tools used to resize and reshape geometry.
We'll also learn efficient ways to copy entities into rotational or rectangular patterns. We will even bypass the ribbon and learn how to modify geometry using grips. These little blue handles are one of AutoCAD's most powerful editing choices. Finally, we'll learn how to use the Layer Properties Manager to organize our drawings using logical layers, colors and line types. When you're ready, follow me, and we'll get started.
- Adding and removing from selections
- Stretching elements
- Creating mirrored copies
- Leveraging grips
- Editing hatch patterns
- Using layers to organize a drawing
- Changing layer states
- Understanding the BYLAYER property
- Taking measurements
- Automating calculations with the Quick Calculator
- Constructing a multi-view part