Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Viewports: Layout, part of AutoCAD: Plotting & Publishing.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] We're staying in our…04_Viewports.dwg file,…and I'm sure you'll follow me along…with your local saved copy as well.…Now, you'll notice we're still in the Model tab…after our previous video where we looked at…the viewport options available to us…in the Model tab itself.…Now, the reason I've stayed in the Model tab…is I want to show you a subtle difference to viewports…in the layout tabs.…When you're in the Model tab, you'll notice…at the top of the ribbon you've got your tabs,…Home, Insert, Annotate, and so on.…
If I wanted to create Model tab viewports,…I would go to the View tab…and use the Model Viewports panel there…like we did in the previous video.…I'm gonna go back now to the Home tab on the ribbon.…Now, if I go into something like the Stair A layout,…you'll notice we have a new contextual tab…over here on the right-hand side.…There's our Layout tab there.…This is very important.…This changed quite a while back in AutoCAD…where basically you now have layout viewports…and model viewports.…
They are different.…
- Printing and plotting
- Scaling drawings
- Working in model space vs. paper space
- Creating and modifying page setups with the AutoCAD Page Setup Manager
- Creating and clipping viewports
- Adding an annotative scale
- Plotting and publishing from Quick View
- Changing plot styles
- Plotting electronically to DWF, DWFx, and PDF
- Publishing sheet lists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Plotting and Publishing
2. Modelspace & Paperspace
3. Page Setup Manager
5. Plotting to Scale
6. Quick View and Drawing Tabs
7. Plotting Styles & Setting Up
8. Plotting Electronically
9. Publishing Your Drawings
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.