Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using viewports, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- Quite often, you want to use…your viewports in the new layout tabs…that you've created.…In the previous video,…we set up the new Detail 2 layout tab…and we set the scale to 1:10.…Now, when we're utilizing our viewports,…obviously we want the dimensions…to have the appropriate…annotative scaling.…So I'm going to come down into the Model tab now,…so that I can utilize this viewport…in the Detail 2 tab.…I'm going to select the two dimensions here…that I want to show up in that particular viewport,…that 1:10 viewport.…
So you can see there, they're selected,…it's a case of going to the properties…on that particular couple of dimensions.…So I'm going to just right click there,…go to properties down at the bottom of the shortcut menu.…And what I'm going to do…is click on the annotative scaling here.…And like we've done in previous videos,…just add that 1:10 scale.…So if I add that and 'OK' that now…that's got the 1:10 scale applied to those two dimensions.…I close the Properties palate,…Hit ESC to deselect,…and if I go back into the Detail 2 tab now,…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.