Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using running object snaps, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- [Voiceover] We've already touched on using object snaps…in AutoCad in some of the other videos.…Now, you'll notice the drawing I have open…Is "Drawing with Accuracy O-Snap"…which is object snaps complete.…You can follow along using the…"Drawingwithaccuracyosnap.dwg" file…in your Lynda.com exercise bar.…Now the whole idea of this one is…we're going to be looking at running object snaps.…Now running object snaps are the snaps…that you have switched on all the time…when you're working in an AutoCad drawing.…
You can alternate, switch on and switch off…any different type of snap at any time.…But when they're switched on, their class says…running object snaps. Now just before we get started,…jump to the home tab on the ribbon,…go to the last panel and just make sure…that you are using that object layer, the green layer.…Just so it's stands out nicely in the drawing area.…Now I've only got one running object snap switched on,…and that is the endpoint snap.…So that means I can draw from one endpoint…to another endpoint at any line or object.…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.