Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using object-snap tracking, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- We're now in a new section of the…AutoCAD Professional Certification preparation course,…and what we're going to look at is drawing with accuracy.…We're going to look at some drafting tools that are provided…with AutoCAD that allow us…to create exact, precise drawings.…Now what we've got here at the moment…is a drawing called 4_Drawing with Accuracy_TRACKING,…and we're going to look at Object Snap tracking.…Now for this particular exercise,…I'm using the completed drawing.…
There is a default, ready-to-go drawing…in your Lynda.com exercise files as well…for you to follow along with the video if you wish,…but you'll always get one ready to go for you to use,…and a completed one so you can see exactly…what the completed version should look like.…So let's have a look at what's going on here.…We've got two views in our drawing.…Now, were in the model space,…and we've got this view down here,…and this view down here.…Now if we go to our Layers panel…right here in the Home tab on the ribbon,…you'll see the Object layer is the current drafting layer.…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.