In this video, Shaun Bryant demonstrates how the changes to a linked CAD file are displayed in Revit.
- [Instructor] So, we're staying in our 07_OFFICE.rvt file…and I've left it in exactly the same state…as it was at the end of the previous video.…So, we've still got our linked CAD file…using the auto origin to origin settings.…So, I'm gonna select the link CAD file like so.…Now, I'm gonna go to the modify panel here…and click on the cross,…and you'll get a warning this time…saying pinned objects were not deleted.…To delete them, unpin before using delete.…
Now, the reason it's pinned it this time…is you're using coordinate settings, origin to origin,…so what Revit's done is it's pinned the linked CAD,…and I don't know if you can just see it top right there,…there's the little pin just there,…so it prevents or allows the change of element position.…So, if I unpin that,…you can see the pin there now…with the little red cross next to it.…What I can do now is with that selected link CAD file,…I can click on delete here and it will delete it.…So, makes sure that you're aware of that…and if you do get that little soft warning like that…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.