Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using lineweight (LWT), part of AutoCAD Facilities Management: Areas.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Again, we're staying in the…00_GND_FM_DEFINE.dwg file,…and we're just following along from the previous video.…Now, you'll notice that we can pretty clearly see…all of the area polylines that we've placed so far.…They're on this nice, obvious cyan-colored layer, like so.…Now, it may be that you want those lines to be bolder,…and to stand out more on your facilities management drawing.…So what you want to do there is…you want to change the line weight, the LWT value…of those particular polylines.…
Now the way that you do this is in…your Layer Properties Manager.…So go to the Home tab on the ribbon,…and I'm going to jump in to my Layers panel,…which is a little bit squished up…because of my screen resolution,…and I'm going to go into the Layer Properties Manager.…Now, it's the FM-ROOMPLINES layer that we're looking at,…and at the moment, if I come across here,…I'll just select it, that highlights it nicely in blue,…and if I just expand this column here a tad, like that,…you can see we're using the default line weight…
- Setting up a facilities drawing
- Managing XREF layers
- Adjusting drawing units and limits
- Using polylines
- Defining areas
- Annotating areas
- Setting up area table styles
- Finding and linking area data
- Exporting area table data
Skill Level Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to FM
2. Setting Up a Facilities Drawing
Managing XREF layers3m 55s
3. Getting Your FM Settings Right
4. Areas and Polylines
5. Defining Areas
6. Annotating Areas
7. Setting Up an Area Table Style
8. Using the Area Table
9. Exporting the Area Table Data
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.