In this video, Shaun Bryant demonstrates the LTGAPSELECTION variable and how it allows you to select a gap in a dashed or dotted line and make it part of the selection set.
- [Instructor] We're starting another chapter now…in our course and we're going to look now…at linetype gap selection in AutoCAD.…Now you'll notice we've got a new drawing open there,…LinetypeGapSelection.dwg.…Make sure that you've downloaded that file…and you're using it accordingly…to follow along with this particular video.…Now you can see in the drawing there…in the model space that we've got a line…that obviously is dashed and dotted with the relevant gaps.…
Now if I go and hover over one of those gaps,…can you see that I'm actually able to select the line?…So if I physically put the crosshair on the gap,…click, and it selects that line.…Now you weren't able to do that in older versions…of AutoCAD, so how does that work?…Well let's just hit escape to deselect…and what I need to do is type in LT…and then it's GAPSELECTION.…Can you see that there on the suggestion menu?…LTGAPSELECTION.…If I press enter now, you can see that the value…is set to one…and that is the default value in AutoCAD 2018.…
See there if I set that to zero and then press enter,…
- Working with the File Navigation dialog box
- Using the Quick Access Toolbar
- Updating reference paths
- Changing path types
- Finding and replacing reference files
- Renaming unloaded references
- Using linetype gap selection
- Sharing design views from AutoCAD
- Setting a PDF layer
- Using the PDFIMPORT and PDFATTACH commands
- Changing text to MTEXT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. User Interface
2. External References
3. Off-Screen Selection
Using off-screen selection2m 20s
4. Linetype Gap Selection
Using linetype gap selection2m 10s
5. Sharing Design View
6. Using PDFs In AutoCAD
7. Changing Text To MTEXT
8. Technology and Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.