Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using input keywords, part of AutoCAD Add-ins Using VB.NET.
- [Instructor] Usually when we're working with…getting information from the user,…we could be providing them with a lot of different options.…It's not just getting a selection set.…It's not just getting a distance.…Maybe they want to give us more information…or maybe they want to adjust from…and getting just a line to getting an arc…or something similar to that.…And that's where keywords come in to play.…Every single one of the get user input type functions…we've worked with so far,…which is a you know,…getting the point,…getting a distance,…getting an entity even a selection set,…all of them have built in the ability to add keywords.…
So in this exercise,…we're going to see how we can add keywords to an existing…get user input type function that we've looked at,…which is the get distance.…But there is actually a separate get keyword function…and you could just get the string as result.…So if you just want to ask the user something and…have them tell you something back…from our list of options you can do that as well.…
- Creating a project using the Autodesk wizard
- Creating classes, command routines, and functions
- Manually creating projects
- Basic .NET functionality
- Working with database properties
- Working with transactions and TableRecords
- Getting a user-specified point and distance
- Creating and inheriting a base class object
- Creating a window interface
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Working with the Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment
2. Creating Your First Project
3. Basic .NET Functionality
4. AutoCAD ApplicationServices Namespace
Creating a new drawing5m 40s
5. AutoCAD DatabaseServices Namespace
6. AutoCAD EditorInput Namespace
7. Class Object Fundamentals
8. Creating a Window Interface
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.