Join Jeff Bartels for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of AutoCAD 2013 Essentials: 03 Editing and Organizing Drawings.
- View Offline
If you purchased a DVD or are a premium subscriber to lynda.com, you'll have access to the exercise files used in this title. They will be in a folder called exercise files. If you download them, place them on your Desktop. In there you'll find the content divided up into directories named after the chapters where they are used. By placing the exercise files on the Desktop, you'll be able to access them the same way that I do in the course.
- Adding and removing from selections
- Stretching elements
- Creating mirrored copies
- Leveraging grips
- Editing hatch patterns
- Using layers to organize a drawing
- Changing layer states
- Understanding the BYLAYER property
- Taking measurements
- Automating calculations with the Quick Calculator
- Constructing a multi-view part