Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of AutoCAD: Effective Annotating.
- [Instructor] When you log in to your account, you can download your exercise files for this Annotating Effectively in AutoCAD course. The exercise files are in an AutoCAD-native DWG file format. Be aware when we're using the exercise files, we use the 2013 DWG file format, which is the latest file format that runs with AutoCAD 2017 that we're using for this particular course. When you're downloading the files, just be aware of the version of AutoCAD that you're using.
For example, if you're using, say, AutoCAD 2010, it won't be able to read a 2013 DWG file. You might need to use a more recent version of AutoCAD to follow along with the files. Anything from AutoCAD 2013-upwards will read the 2013 DWG file format. Just be aware of that when you're using the exercise files. Now, the naming of the files is very, very simplistic. You can see at the top of the screen there, I've got the 00_introduction.dwg file open in this particular video.
I will always comment on the filename in each video just so you're aware of the video that you're in, but, more importantly, the exercise file you should be using in that particular video as well. Let's get on now, and get into the Annotating Effectively in AutoCAD course.
- Setting up text, dimensioning, centerlines, leaders, and markup layers
- Setting up a multileader style
- Aligning multileaders
- Collecting multileaders
- Setting up the table style
- Working with cells in the AutoCAD table
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Annotation in AutoCAD
Why use annotation?3m 10s
2. Different Types of Annotation
3. Using Text Effectively in Your Drawings
4. Dimensioning Accurately in Your Drawings
5. Using Centerlines
6. Leaders and Multileaders
7. Setting Up an AutoCAD Table
8. Marking Up an AutoCAD Drawing
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.