Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Narrator] Here at lynda.com we always provide exercise files for you to use to follow along with the videos. So you'll notice at the top of the screen there I'm in a blank AutoCAD drawing and it's called 00_introduction.dwg. Now that drawing is provided with your lynda.com exercise files and you can go to lynda.com and download those exercise files. You can then save them locally and use them to follow along with the videos. But be aware of a number of small little details.
The drawings that we provide are AutoCAD 2017 drawings. So they are in AutoCAD 2013 dwg file format. You may need to save back to a previous version of AutoCAD using AutoCAD 2017. If you're going to use an older version of AutoCAD to follow along with the videos. Just be aware of that. AutoCAD is very backwards compatible so you can save back to older versions. But if you running say, AutoCAD 2011, and you try to follow along with these exercise files you won't be able to open them because they're AutoCAD 2013 dwg files.
You will need to save back to a previous version to be able to read the dwg files. All of the exercise files as I said are available on lynda.com. In your exercise file section for this course. So feel free to download them and let's get into the course.
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.