Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of AutoCAD Facilities Management: Areas.
- [Voiceover] As I mentioned previously, we will be using AutoCAD 2017 for the duration of our AutoCAD Facilities Management 101 Areas Course. Now we'll be using AutoCAD 2017 DWG files. And these exercise files are stored on the Lynda.com website basically with the course. So you can download them anytime, store them locally, and use them to follow along with the videos in the course. Now just be aware that those particular files are all stored with the course for you.
I will tell you which file we're going to use and which ones to download to follow along with each appropriate video. So for example, if you look at the top of the screen right now, you can see that we have the 00_Introduction.dwg file open. I will always tell you what file name you need to have open to follow along with the video. And as I said, they will all be AutoCAD2017.dwg files. Now the whole idea of this particular course is facilities management.
So you can see in the 00_Introduction.dwg file that there is the facility that we are going to manage. It's a small office building and the whole idea is we're going to manage this facility by developing the areas within the facility within our AutoCAD 2017 DWG file. And as I said, they're all stored on the Lynda.com website where you can download the exercise files and use them accordingly to follow along with the videos.
- Setting up a facilities drawing
- Managing XREF layers
- Adjusting drawing units and limits
- Using polylines
- Defining areas
- Annotating areas
- Setting up area table styles
- Finding and linking area data
- Exporting area table data
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
1. Introduction to FM
2. Setting Up a Facilities Drawing
Managing XREF layers3m 55s
3. Getting Your FM Settings Right
4. Areas and Polylines
5. Defining Areas
6. Annotating Areas
7. Setting Up an Area Table Style
8. Using the Area Table
9. Exporting the Area Table Data
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.