Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- While you're working with your AutoCAD Professional Certification Prep course, there will be exercise files provided. What I will do for you is name the appropriate exercise file that you can use to follow along with the video. So for example at the moment, we have AutoCAD 2016 open and you can see at the top of the screen there that the file name is 0_introduction.dwg. That's an AutoCAD 2016 dwg file which means it is a 2013 dwg file version, so you can only use that on AutoCAD versions that can read the 2013 dwg.
Be aware that I will always maintain what file you should be using for what video. I will always mention the file name so that you know which file to download and use from the lynda.com page for this particular course. My suggestion is that you download all the exercise files, load them into a known location on your laptop or your PC and just put them in a folder so that you know where they are and then you can quickly go back to that folder every time when you need to open an exercise file to follow along with the videos in this particular course.
So, let's get going. Let's get you ready for your AutoCAD Certified Professional Examinations.
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.