Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using dynamic input, direct distance, and coordinate systems, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- We're now going to look at Dynamic Input,…Direct Distance and Coordinate Entry in AutoCAD.…Now you'll notice the drawing I've got open is…2_Input Distance Coords_PLATE_Complete.…That is the completed version that I will save for you.…There is also a 2_Input Distance Coords_PLATE.dwg file…that is ready for you in your lynda.com Exercise Files.…Now what we're going to do is…we're just going to look at the methods…of input that AutoCAD gives you.…
And these are very important, generally,…from a using AutoCAD perspective…but also because they're covered in your…AutoCAD Professional Certification Exam.…So you'll notice we've got the plate but you'll notice also…that we've got this blank area here.…Now in the Layers, by default,…the file should be set to the LINES layer.…If it isn't, go into your Layer controls,…make sure that the LINES layer…is the current drafting layer.…And then what we're going to do…is we're going to draw some lines…using Dynamic Input, Direct Distance and Coordinates.…
We're going to have a look at all of it.…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.