Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using draw order, part of AutoCAD Facilities Management: Areas.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] We're staying in…the 00_Ground_FM_Define .dwg file.…And what we're going to look at now is using draw order.…Now draw order is a very useful tool…in any auto cad drawing.…But particularity useful in facilities management drawings.…Now just before we look at that draw order.…What I'd like you to do is delete…that little poly line we put in there.…That one that we did with the cover.…Let me explain why, we'll zoom in.…And you can see that's using the method…of measurement where we go to the center lines of the walls.…
Now that's not consistent with the rest of the areas…that we've placed on this particular FM drawing.…So I'm just going to select it…and I'm just gonna right click…and erase it there on the shortcut menu.…And then I'm gonna double click on the wheel…to zoom extent so that we can see the whole of the drawing.…Now you'll notice that the areas…that we've got on the drawing already are quite obvious.…They stand out.…Now that's because our reference to structural planner,…or ga drawing has been sent to the back using draw order.…
- Setting up a facilities drawing
- Managing XREF layers
- Adjusting drawing units and limits
- Using polylines
- Defining areas
- Annotating areas
- Setting up area table styles
- Finding and linking area data
- Exporting area table data
Skill Level Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to FM
2. Setting Up a Facilities Drawing
Managing XREF layers3m 55s
3. Getting Your FM Settings Right
4. Areas and Polylines
5. Defining Areas
6. Annotating Areas
7. Setting Up an Area Table Style
8. Using the Area Table
9. Exporting the Area Table Data
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.