Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using dimensions, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- You will always have a requirement,…in your AutoCAD drawings, to place Dimensions,…so that people will know how big something is…in order to build it, manufacture it,…or work on the design, and take the design further.…We're staying in our 9_Annotating_HOUSE_complete drawing.…You will obviously be following along…with 9_Annotating_HOUSE.dwg…from your lynda.com Exercise Files.…Now, what we're going to look at…is just how to dimension in this particular video.…
I'm not going to take you through all…the different Dimension Styles,…and how to create Dimension Styles,…because that's not what this exercise needs.…What this exercise needs is the ability…for you to obviously utilize your AutoCAD…to place Dimensions on a drawing.…Now, you can do this in two ways.…You can do it from the Annotation tab here,…on the Home tab on the Ribbon,…or you can actually use the Annotate tab here,…on the Ribbon, and you'll notice…we have an entire Dimensions panel.…I'm going to stick with the entire…Annotate tab on the Ribbon…and the Dimensions panel, but, before I do that,…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.