Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Using PolarSnap, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- In the previous video, we looked at the…Ortho settings and the Polar settings…in our drafting settings to draft…with accuracy in AutoCAD.…What we're going to look at in this video…is another drafting setting,…and it's called PolarSnap.…Now you'll notice I've got the Drawing With Accuracy…PolarSnap Complete drawing open.…If you want to follow along with this video,…go and find the Drawing With Accuracy…PolarSnap dot dwg file,…and you can follow along with that…because it's a blank drawing that you can…follow along with this particular video…and able to get the complete version that I will save…once we finish this video here.…
So PolarSnap.…What does it do and how do we set it up?…Well first things first, go to the Home tab on the ribbon,…go into your Layers panel.…Just make sure that you've got the Object layer…as the current drafting layer.…It's a nice green color,…so it stands out on the blacky-gray background.…Then we're going to go down here to the status bar…and make sure that our Polar Tracking here is on.…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.