In this video, Shaun Bryant demonstrates how to attach a PDF to a DWG file as an underlay, and then import the PDF elements from the underlay in to the AutoCAD DWG file.
- [Instructor] So, in the previous video,…we looked at the PDF SHX text commands…to convert the text that we brought in…with our imported PDF.…So you can see that we're still…in the import PDF.dwg file,…and you can see that I've left the drawing…in the same state as it was…when we finished the previous video.…So there's our text that we've converted to MTEXT,…just sitting there on those dimensions.…I'm going to zoom out slightly now.…I'm going to select absolutely everything, like that,…and yes, I'm going to go to the Home tab,…and I'm going to erase everything, like that.…
And what we're going to look at now…is the PDF Attach command.…So, make sure that your current layer is PDF,…and we're going to attach a PDF…as what they call an underlay,…a bit like attaching a drawing…as a reference drawing, an x-ref.…So if I want to attach a PDF,…I simply type PDF attach,…like so, and press Enter.…Now, this will actually attach the PDF…in exactly the same way as a reference drawing.…
So, it takes me to the folder where my PDF is stored,…
- Working with the File Navigation dialog box
- Using the Quick Access Toolbar
- Updating reference paths
- Changing path types
- Finding and replacing reference files
- Renaming unloaded references
- Using linetype gap selection
- Sharing design views from AutoCAD
- Setting a PDF layer
- Using the PDFIMPORT and PDFATTACH commands
- Changing text to MTEXT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. User Interface
2. External References
3. Off-Screen Selection
Using off-screen selection2m 20s
4. Linetype Gap Selection
Using linetype gap selection2m 10s
5. Sharing Design View
6. Using PDFs In AutoCAD
7. Changing Text To MTEXT
8. Technology and Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.