In this video, Shaun Bryant shows where to find the Insert tab in Revit and provides a brief overview of the tab.
- [Instructor] So here we are in Revit 2017,…and we're in another new chapter of our course now…where we're preparing our AutoCAD CAD drawings for Revit.…Now I've got a nice Revit project set up for you.…It's a blank Revit Architectural project,…and all we've got to do is open up that project,…so you can either use Open here on the recent file screens…or you can pop up here and use Open…on the Quick Access toolbar.…My suggestion is this one.…
It's a little bit quicker 'cause it goes straight to…the open dialogue like so,…and there's our 06_OFFICE.rvt file.…That again you can download from the website and use…accordingly to follow along with the videos in the chapter.…So just select it like so, and then all you've got to do here…is click on Open.…Now be aware when you use Revit you can sometimes…use a thing called Worksharing here,…and we're not using Worksharing for this particular course.…
All we're doing is just using a local Revit file…basically to either import a CAD drawing…or link a CAD drawing.…So don't worry about the Worksharing side of things…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.