Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Use the window command, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- [Instructor] As you can see, we've stayed…in the 10_LayoutsPrinting_HOUSE_Complete drawing.…You will obviously be using…the 10_LayoutsPrinting_HOUSE.dwg file…to follow along with the videos,…as you have done in this chapter already.…Now you'll notice, I'm currently in the D-sized layout tab.…It's just here.…Now there's a command in AutoCAD…when you're printing and plotting and using layouts,…and it's called the window command,…and you would normally use it…to specify a window area in the model space…that you want to plot at a scale to fit on a sheet.…
So I'm gonna go to the model tab now, like so,…and I'm just going to zoom out slightly on my drawing,…and look at an area that I might want to place on a sheet…to take with me on sight.…That would normally be an area like this…where you've got dimensions, and things, and leaders,…and so on, so I'm gonna zoom in on the top bit here…where I can see that annotation like that.…What I'm going to do now is I'm gonna right-click…on the model tab, now I could go to the output tab here…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.