In this video, Shaun Bryant shows you how to add and work with annotative text styles in your AutoCAD drawings.
- [Instructor] We're staying in our … 00 Ground Floor Plan_REV B.dwg … and what we want to do now is we want to thaw out … those layers that we froze in the current viewport. … We're going to start looking now at using annotative text … and I want to explain that, … but in a way that we're actually starting … to annotate the drawing. … So we need our annotation switched on in our viewport again. … So I'm in the ISO A 1-Landscape tab, … which is the Paper space in our drawing. … I need to make the viewport active, … but before I do that I need to make sure it's unlocked. … So click on the edge of the viewport, like so, … make sure that this little padlock here … is not blue, like that. … You click on it if it's blue and then it's unlocked. … We then double-click inside the viewport to activate it. … You must have an active viewport to freeze or thaw … current viewport layers. … Now we go to the Layer drop-down first of all … and if we just scroll up remember that the DIM layer … was frozen in the current viewport. …
- Using workspaces
- Working in the Model and Layout tabs
- Saving and restoring views
- Locking viewports and freezing viewport layers
- Adding a title block
- Using annotative dimensions and revision clouds