In this video, Shaun Bryant shows how AutoCAD 2018 prompts you to update the relative reference paths if the location of the host drawing changes.
- [Narrator] We now have a new drawing available…for this particular video in the Chapter…about External References.…So you'll notice we have a HostDrawing.dwg file.…You can see the name at the top of the screen.…All I've done is I've actually named the unnamed file…from the previous video and I've called it HostDrawing.dwg…so instead of drawing two or drawing three…or drawing four or whatever, its not actually…got a physical name and its being renamed as HostDrawing.…
What we've also got there is the ExternalReferences drawing…here which you can see on the tabs has been referenced…into the HostDrawing as you can see,…if I just click on it like that, it's all one object.…And you can see it's a reference…and the External Reference tab kicks in…on the ribbon there like so.…I'll just hit Escape now to deselect it.…So what we're going to look at now is updating…reference parts, so what happens now if for example…I do a Save As and save my HostDrawing…as a different drawing somewhere else?…Obviously by default, AutoCAD 2018 has what they call…
- Working with the File Navigation dialog box
- Using the Quick Access Toolbar
- Updating reference paths
- Changing path types
- Finding and replacing reference files
- Renaming unloaded references
- Using linetype gap selection
- Sharing design views from AutoCAD
- Setting a PDF layer
- Using the PDFIMPORT and PDFATTACH commands
- Changing text to MTEXT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. User Interface
2. External References
3. Off-Screen Selection
Using off-screen selection2m 20s
4. Linetype Gap Selection
Using linetype gap selection2m 10s
5. Sharing Design View
6. Using PDFs In AutoCAD
7. Changing Text To MTEXT
8. Technology and Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.