Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more video2brain and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- 3D views, perspectives, and tools in AutoCAD
- Controlling the visual style
- Working with tiled viewports
- Composing perspective views
- Drawing in 3D
- Modeling an Ionic column
- Documenting 3D models
- Creating dynamic slideshows, animations, and renderings
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Welcome to the Getting Started with 3D in AutoCAD 2013 workshop, with me, Scott Onstott. I'm an educator and trainer specializing in AutoCAD and other design software. In addition to teaching AutoCAD, I am also the author of AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD LT 2013 Essentials, Enhancing Architectural Drawings and Models with Photoshop, and several other books. Getting Started with 3D in AutoCAD is a basic workshop for getting up to speed with 3D modeling. It was designed for those already comfortable with 2D drawing who now want to graduate to creating and designing three dimensional models.
Traditional drafting techniques have limited artists to representing models as 2D projections. But now a new wave of software packages and AutoCAD in particular, have allowed us to move one step closer to reality with 3D design. This course will teach you the basics for how to get the most out of AutoCAD's powerful 3D tools. You'll first learn how to navigate in 3D space and learn a number of tools that make working in 3D on a 2D screen easier. Then you'll model a complex form to meet specific modeling challenges.
In this case, a classical architectural ionic column. Next, you will learn how to document 3D models as 2D drawings by having AutoCAD automatically generate 2D projections for you. Finally, you will learn how to create dynamic slide shows, animations and photo realistic renderings of 3D models. This course is for anyone interested in graduating from 2D to 3D design in AutoCAD. So, if you're interested in exploring modeling in AutoCAD from the basics of navigating through space to modeling complex forms with solids and surfaces, this course is for you! So, let's get started.