In this video, Shaun Bryant demonstrates how to unload and reload linked CAD files with the Manage Links dialog box.
- [Narrator] We're back in our 08_office.rvt file in Revit.…It's blank, we haven't got any linked…CAD files in there just yet.…Let's go to manage links in the link panel again…in the insert tab on the ribbon.…We'll go to CAD formats as we've…done previously and go to add.…As you can see, we've got our trusty 08…office reception area drawing.…We'll select that.…Make sure colors are black and white.…Layer levels all, import units auto detect,…tick your correct lines are slightly of axis.…
Positioning is auto center to center.…Place at level zero.…Orientate to view and open.…As you can see, it's loaded that up nicely.…The status at the moment is loaded.…There's the safe path and it's a relative path because…the DWG file is in the same folder…as the 08 office.rvt file.…I'll click on okay and there it is there.…All loaded up nice and neatly.…The whole reason for the manage links dialog box…is you may want to occasionally load, reload,…and unload your linked CAD file.…
This is very much like external reference…files in AutoCAD, your xrefs.…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.