Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding project properties, part of AutoCAD Add-ins Using VB.NET.
- [Narrator] In our last exercise,…we were able to create our very first project.…And the way we created that project,…we took advantage of the wizard,…that we downloaded from Autodesk/develop AutoCAD.…And that dot net wizard, sped up the process,…of getting those libraries that we needed,…so as to connect to AutoCAD API.…Let's take a closer look at the project,…and the properties that we have,…when we created that first project.…
So to do that,…we're going to go ahead and open up our project.…The project we're going to open up,…is within the 02.02 folder of our exercise chapter two,…and we're going to go to the solution file.…The solution really allows us to combine multiple projects.…It's getting a little bit more advanced,…than what we're going to cover in the introductory course,…for AutoCAD add-ons, but interesting in that,…we can have multiple project, as one solution.…
But even if we have only one project,…there's always a solution file.…So it's better to select the solution file.…Click open, it opens up our Microsoft visual studio project,…
- Creating a project using the Autodesk wizard
- Creating classes, command routines, and functions
- Manually creating projects
- Basic .NET functionality
- Working with database properties
- Working with transactions and TableRecords
- Getting a user-specified point and distance
- Creating and inheriting a base class object
- Creating a window interface
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
1. Working with the Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment
2. Creating Your First Project
3. Basic .NET Functionality
4. AutoCAD ApplicationServices Namespace
Creating a new drawing5m 40s
5. AutoCAD DatabaseServices Namespace
6. AutoCAD EditorInput Namespace
7. Class Object Fundamentals
8. Creating a Window Interface
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.